Monday, April 16, 2007

Prescription plans - PITA but we need them

In previous posts, I mentioned how expensive at least 1 of the medications I'm on costs. Good think I have a prescription plan. What is inconvenient is that my prescription plan requires us to mail in to fulfill prescriptions that go past 3 initial months. That means a new prescription for each medication needs to be obtained. But what used to be a simple call to the drug store now requires advanced planning (14 days or so) and any modifications require another printed prescription from the Doctor, another form mailed in, etc.

As previously posted, my CellCept was upped from two pills twice daily to three pills twice daily. That's a 50% increase. My last prescription was for 4 pills a day so they sent me a 3 month supply (4 pills x 30 days x 3 months = 360 pills shipped). Well after that was filled, my prescription changed to 6 pills per day (6 pills x 30 days x 3 months = 540 pills needed). So instead of a 3 month supply, I now had a 2 month supply. And you can't have them ship the next 3 month supply early. So a new prescription is mailed in and I'll receive (hopefully) 540 pills before my current 360 pills runs out.

Now to get a new prescription for the Ibuprofen before that runs out early.

No comments: