Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My first cold (sniffles)

Start the end of last week and into the weekend I got a good head cold. Stuffy nose, post nasal drip, etc.

Called down to Johns Hopkins to see what I could take since this is the first time with any problem since I started the heavier duty meds in January. Dr Wigley replied back that I could take an over the counter medication but be aware that meds like Sudafed will aggravate the Reynaud's.

My wife gave me two Benadryl pills before bed last night and it seemed to help a lot. My hands are cold today but i think that has more to do with the unseasonably cold Spring we're having. It will only be in the upper 40's today and it is supposed to be in the 60's. Come on spring!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be embarassed, wear gloves when your hands are cold. We all do.

Jade said...

Hi! Thanks for sharing all that you do about how you're handling having Scleroderma! Could you please tell me why your doctor said that the Sudafed would effect the Raynauds? Thanks!