Sunday, February 4, 2007

So what hurts today?

Before I was diagnosed with Scleroderma, nothing hurt. I was in great shape. Today, most things hurt and that hurt has become my "normal" feeling. When someone asks he how I feel, it's never "good", just "the same".

Other then what I recall being about two weeks soon after visiting Johns Hopkins a month ago, my knees, hips and legs have bothered me. Even sleeping is uncomfortable as I need to constantly change positions. I was hopeful when it didn't bother me for those 2 weeks that either the medication or the disease itself was going to cut me some slack, but it was short lived. But, for those 2 weeks, I felt noticeably better.

I'm hoping another feeling that won't become normal is the tightness of the skin on my upper chest and neck. It doesn't feel as bad today, but for the last week or so, it's been real tight with me only able to life my chin up a little before it pulls the skin on my chest.

My hands have been the same for the past month or so. Not too bad and not too good. Always stiffest in the morning and stiff throughout the day. My wrist bother me for a couple of weeks and hasn't for the past 2.

This scleroderma is a pain.

No comments: